The Be Local Awards are a fun way to share your love for local business!
From June 19-August 30, 2019, REAP members will apply for any of six Leadership Award categories, recognizing excellence in environmental and social sustainability. Then, from September 16-October 25, 2019, you can vote for which nominees you think are most deserving of each award. The public voting accounts for a 10% weighting on the judges' decision.
New this year, the awards ceremony on November 14 will be open to the public! In fact, we are sharing the inspiration and best practices of Calgary's best businesses by combining the Be Local Awards with the Soul of the Next Economy Forum - an annual event where business, non-profits, government and educational institutions converge to change the way we do business and impact society. Click here for details and to purchase tickets.
Join us as we recognize outstanding leadership in the following categories:
- Encompassing Energy Leader: Presented by Bullfrog Power to the REAP business with the most comprehensive energy conservation program.
- Community Economy Leader: Presented by Thrive to a REAP member that is building a thriving, resilient and inclusive economy for all.
- Empowering Employees Leader: Presented by Vibrant Communities Calgary to a REAP member that is effecting meaningful and sustainable progress towards reducing poverty through employee-centered practices that build resilience. These may include but are not limited to paying a living wage, providing additional forms of compensation, financial literacy and employee wellness programs.
- Diversity & Inclusion Leader: Presented by Universal Access and Prospect Human Services to a REAP member that values the perspectives and contributions of all people and incorporate diverse needs, assets and insight into the design and implementation of universal and inclusive programs. Inclusive organizations recruit and retain diverse staff to reflect the composition of the communities they serve and provide conducive work environments to support their inclusive hiring policies.
- Communications Leader: Presented by GOOD Company Graphic Design to a REAP member that has demonstrated the most effective use of design to communicate impact and/or encourage engagement.
- B Corp Leader: Presented by Chandos Construction to a B-Corp certified REAP member that exemplifies the values of the B-Corp certification.