- Contact Us
#3 -- 3200 14 Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2A 6J4
- DEAM Employer Award 2017 - DEAM (Disability Employee Awareness Month)
- Best Grocery Delivery 2016-17 (Georgia Strait)
- Best Grocery Delivery 2016-17 (Westender)
- Environmental Initiatives
- Minimal packaging
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency programs
- Water efficiency
- Waste reduction
- Commitment to Employees
- Benefit package
- Staff discount
- Flexible hours
- Recognition program
- Awareness and measurement of accident-free days
- Committees: Occupational/Environmental Safety Committee, Green Team
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development, mentorship and training
- Team building
- Ownership shares
- Inclusivity Mandate
- Farm tours
- Unlimited coffee and snacks
SUSTAINABILITY PROFILE (2018)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Increased capacity for grocery delivery service
Operating in Canada since 1997, and in Alberta since 2004, SPUD.ca is changing how shoppers think about their groceries.
SPUD.ca (an acronym for Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) specializes in grocery items from produce and beyond that has a positive social, economic, and environmental impact on our society, complete with a list of banned ingredients that assures concerned customers that they share the same values when it comes to curating products.
SPUD.ca strives to be as close to zero waste as possible. Reusable plastic tubs for shipping orders, and all gel packs and insulated packaging are washed for use again later. Any grocery items that are damaged or otherwise unsellable are donated to the Food Bank on a weekly basis.
As of late 2017, SPUD.ca has teamed up with Blush Lane Organic Market to merge SPUD's online services with Blush Lane's brick and mortar stores in Alberta.