- Contact Us
1627, 10 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T3C 0J7
COVID-19 UPDATE: Despite having to close their community hall and discontinue rentals of the facility, Sunalta Community Association is still available to support Calgarians! Sunalta Community Association is focusing on community outreach and virtual programs and initiatives. As a Good Food Box Depot, Sunalta Community Association will be delivering boxes each month to ensure folks have access to fresh produce.
Since 1954, the Sunalta Community Association has been building a stronger, more connected community by offering diverse and responsive programs and services. Sunalta Community Association considers themselves a vehicle for social change with a focus on inclusion, innovation, sustainability and advocacy. Sunalta Community Association operates a 100-year-old community hall and revenue generated through rentals is invested back into the community.
Through the Community Hubs Initiative, Sunalta Community Association is building a Community Hub to fund and deliver programming for Calgarians. It will be a purpose-built facility that includes a commercial kitchen, coffee shop, and programming spaces. The Hub is a social enterprise, with the income it generates going back into the community – allowing the community association to continue offering events, programs, and services.
IN THE COMMUNITY:
- Hosting special events and programs that increase social inclusion, improve food security, build resident leadership and capacity, increase community pride, and provide platforms to spark community economic development.
- Growing their social procurement policy to make sure they use their buying power for good! Sunalta Community Association supports their local social and environmental purpose businesses!
- Working with the City to address traffic and development issues
- Leading community beautification projects that build community vibrancy
- Offering 2 Community Gardens and year-round free growing food workshop
- Lending Libraries including their famous Toy and Game Lending Library
- Delivering workshops that build resident skills and capacity
- Offering on-site advocates that can help connect you with supports and service
- Providing employment opportunities for residents and individuals with barriers to employment
- Making friends and building community!
Feel free to stop by the Hall and say hello!