Living Locally / Business Services / Building & Design / Business Services / Waste Reduction / Food & Drink / Grocery / Business Services / Community / Health & Wellness
And the winners of REAP's 2015 Be Local Awards are...
REAP businesses are recognized for excellence in sustainability in REAP's annual Be Local Awards
More Stories from our Community
How you can support local this holiday season
The Fine Diner Bistro gives back
STM Global Consulting uplifting communities through tourism
Blush Lane Organic Market expands reach with SPUD.ca
From August 10-October 31 Calgarians voted for their favourite REAP businesses on our website. We’d like to extend our congratulations to:
- Favourite micro business – Social Sesame
- Favourite small business – Neal’s Yard Remedies
- Favourite medium-large business - Community Natural Foods
- Favourite non-profit - Green Calgary
In addition to your favourites, we’re recognizing four local businesses that are going above and beyond to conserve energy, strengthen the local economy, protect the environment, and fight poverty in Calgary through four separate awards. Our partner organizations - Bullfrog Power, Thrive, Green Knight Environmental, and Vibrant Communities Calgary respectively - determined these winners based on their selection criteria:
- Bullfrog Power has named Market 17 the Encompassing Energy Leader for its innovative and diversified approach to reducing the environmental footprint of its operations.
- Thrive has named Muttley Crue Organic Dog Grooming & Daycare the Community Economy Leader for its work to support a stronger local economy in Calgary.
- Green Knight Environmental has named Green Event Services the Environmental Transformation Leader for its efforts to continually advance and implement its environmental strategy.
- Vibrant Communities Calgary has named BluPlanet Recycling the Empowering Communities Leader for its employee programming, which supports staff to be active members of their communities.
We’d like to thank our title sponsor, First Calgary Financial, for their support of this exciting program as well as all of our leadership award partners and iKue Fotographie for sponsoring the awards presentation.
And thank you for voting! Your support for local business is making our city a more vibrant place.
1. Tell us what you liked best about this year’s Be Local Awards and/or if you have suggestions for how we can improve the program. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Shop local this holiday season to keep our communities strong and vibrant. Consult our directory for inspiration!