B-Corp Leaders exemplify values
Presenting your 2019 B-Corp Leader nominees
B-Corp certified businesses are held to a high standard for their governance, environmental impact, and community engagement.
This year we are thrilled to introduce Chandos Construction, North America’s first and only B-Corp certified commercial builder, as the sponsor of the 2019 B-Corp Leader Award, recognizing the REAP member with a B-Corp certification that exemplifies what the certification stands for.
The B Corp principles are a big part of our culture at Chandos,” says Rob Cowan, Director of Business Development. “We believe in using our business to make the world a better place and we’re happy to support other Calgary B-Corporations, who share our values, by celebrating their achievements through this award."
This year’s nominees are:
- BluPlanet Recycling is a waste management company specializing in commercial and multi-family buildings. In addition to offsetting 5 million tonnes of waste in 2018 alone, BluPlanet Recycling is deeply embedded in the community through regular volunteer outings around Calgary with its staff -- from community clean-ups to helping out at The Alex, a community organization offering food, health, and housing services to Calgary’s most vulnerable.
- Conscious Brands is a consultancy that believes every business could be a B-Corp certified business if they worked to “explore their higher purpose” and ran the business according to their values through the use of a free online diagnostic tool and guidance from Conscious Brands.
- Goodpin is revolutionizing corporate giving with its online platform. By putting the power to give in the hands of its customers, Goodpin is helping brands spread the wealth and their message.
- Mortgage360 is North America’s first B-Corp certified mortgage broker. By using broker fees to give back to local charities each year, Mortgage360 has donated more than $19,000 in just 2018.
- SPUD is a grocery delivery service with a penchant for local and sustainable options, encouraging customers to “buy with purpose” and turning the grocery industry on its head. Any food items they are unable to sell gets donated to local charities, and SPUD regularly hosts collection drives such as school supplies for Brown-Bagging for Calgary Kids.
- Click the links above to vote for who you think should win the B-Corp Leader Award before this window closes Sunday at 11:59 pm MST!
- Click here to learn more about Chandos Construction and its values.
- See the award ceremony for yourself at the Soul of the Next Economy Forum on Nov 14. Save $50 on registration before September 30.