Living Locally / Arts & Culture / Food & Drink / Restaurants & Cafes / Business Services / Community / Food & Drink / Health & Wellness
Communications Leader Award brings effective messaging to the forefront
Presenting the 2018 nominees for the Communications Leader Award
Effective communication of your message is an essential part of doing business, especially in this ultra-connected age. And when it comes to growing the movement toward doing business differently, a well-told story makes all the difference.
New this year, GOOD Company Graphic Design is sponsoring the Communications Leader Award, recognizing excellence in communication design.
“We wanted to bring the value of good communications to the forefront with this award,” says Gillian Hickie, co-founder of GOOD Company Graphic Design.
“It’s a combination of the basic principles of effective communications and design, and how well it spreads the values of sustainability.”
This year’s nominees are:
- BRAVE Communications for its work with the Canadian Centre for Male Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse (CC4MS). BRAVE Communications submitted a video PSA titled The Boy in the Man in the Mirror, noting the positive impact possibilities of what finding help for a survivor of childhood sexual abuse can do to heal the child inside them when they experienced trauma.
- Hop Compost for its redesigned website, marketing materials, and packaging for its craft compost, using brightly coloured images of plants and produce against dark soil and neutral tones for an eye-catching vibe.
- Juice Creative for its work with the rebranding of the Calgary Sexual Health Centre (now Centre for Sexuality) that included a video ad, banner, and collateral items; the design of the Vital Signs Report produced by the Calgary Foundation; and the designing of Calgary Reads’ Fall Fundraising campaign.
- River Café for two projects: its “very Canadian, very Calgary, and very River Café” wintertime ad graphic encouraging Calgarians to explore Prince’s Island Park in the snow and stop in at the restaurant; and its Food Day Canada social media campaign showcasing Alberta’s culinary prowess.
“I’m looking forward to seeing the power of communications come forward,” says Gillian. “And showcasing how the communications industry can support these messages.”
- Click the above links to vote for your favourite Communications Leader Award nominee. The voting window closes Sunday, October 14, at 11:59 PM.
- Click here to learn more about GOOD Company Graphic Design.
- Share your vote on social media for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the November 14 Be Local Awards ceremony at River Café, presented by First Calgary Financial! Tag @reapcalgary on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #BeLocalYYC.