Living Locally / Food & Drink / Beverages / Food & Drink / Grocery / Food & Drink / Restaurants & Cafes / Community
Cozy up for a cause with YYC Hot Chocolate Fest
YYC Hot Chocolate Fest continues all month long
The month of February has brought with it a bitter cold front. There are few better ways to cope with the polar vortex than with a steaming, sugary-sweet mug of hot chocolate while also raising funds for Calgary Meals on Wheels through YYC Hot Chocolate Fest, February 1-28th!
Check out what drinks these five participating REAP businesses will be pouring this month:
- Bite Grocer & Eatery: Mousse in Silk Pajamas is a chef-crafted vegan mousse submerged in dark hot chocolate, seasoned with smoky maple syrup, toasted gingerbread, and ancho spice for a quintessentially Canadian drink with a kick. Dairy-free alternatives are available.
- Community Natural Foods: Rocky Mountain Reishi uses an immune-boosting mushroom infusion, sprinkled with candied mushrooms, handmade marshmallows, dried raspberries, and served with a gluten-free rosemary shortbread cookie.
- Deane House: Chickadee Farm Mint White Hot Chocolate is concocted with loose-leaf mint tea sourced from Alberta-based Chickadee Farm Organic Herbs, and Belgian white chocolate.
- Fiasco Gelato: Frozen Hot Chocolate Milkshake is a twist on the beloved Frozen Hot Chocolate-flavoured gelato. Dutch cocoa, condensed milk, a sprinkle of sea salt, and topped with house-made vanilla bean marshmallows, it’s perfect for anyone who craves something cold even in the dead of winter.
- Yellow Door Bistro: Love you so Matcha is the perfect punny beverage to share with your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day. House-made white chocolate matcha ganache mixed with milk and a dash of Hennessy brandy.