Hotel Arts’ poolside to be inviting all year-round
Renovations continue at boutique hotel
Hotel Arts announced on Friday that its beloved pool and patio are getting a climate-friendly facelift this year.
Phase I of the project will transform the pool into a “year-round Oasis,” says Marketing Manager Carolyn Watson in a recent press release, which details the upcoming new pool, wet bar with seating, custom-built planters, and fireplace tables. This will be the greatest undertaking the pool has seen since the property was built in 1972.
Phase I will be taken on by Visionscapes, a Calgary-based designer and builder specializing in outdoor spaces. Founder Jeff Campbell says he’s looking forward to “making it feel like you’re in an urban park with the added advantage of being able to enjoy a dip in an inviting pool while enjoying a cocktail or bite to eat.”
Having an outdoor pool in Calgary can present some challenges when it comes to pool-ready weather. Which is why Phase II will see the installation of an inflatable, illuminated canvas structure by Dynamic Air Shelters – another Calgary company that specializes in climate-controlled textile shelters. This apparatus will shield the pool and its patrons from the elements in the winter months, meaning the pool will be officially open and inviting year-round.
Construction has already begun on the pool, which is set to open for the season on the May Long Weekend.
- Click here to read about Hotel Arts’ other recent renovations which in turn helped Calgarians transitioning out of homelessness.
- Learn more about Hotel Arts Group here.
- Visit the in-house restaurants, Yellow Door Bistro and Raw Bar, on your next trip downtown.
- Connect with Hotel Arts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Check out Hotel Arts’ Sustainability Profile on the REAP website.